There are so many great parts to being a disability services officer. It's a great feeling knowing you've been able to provide the best accessibility options for a student. But sometimes convincing people about the importance of accessibility for a student can be the hardest part of the job. Here's our top 5 things disability services officers are tired of hearing!
1. "Can’t the deaf student just listen to the lecture online later?"
2. "I organised a braille text book for your deaf student."
3. "But won’t the interpreter distract the other students?"
4. "We will need to get a sign language interpreter for the blind student!"
5. "If the student has a note taker, won't that be unfair to the other students?"
6. Can't they just lipread?
Let us know if you have any more to add.